Anyone that has been watching the news knows that Mike Vick has had his troubles with the law of late. We all know his family is pretty crappy and they may have gotten him into trouble. When I first heard about this story, I was very upset. I don't like dog fighting and it's the people who fight dogs that are making the rest of us have so much trouble keeping our dogs. But the more I read about this story the more uneasy I am becoming. If Vick just let one of his family members stay in the house and that family member was a dog fighter, then Vick shouldn't be held legally liable. I mean, if you own a house and someone renting it is involved in child porn should you be held liable because you own the house? No. Unless you knew about it. If Vick knew about dog fighting on his property, then he was bound to report it. To not report is to make one an accessory. BUT, simply having pit bulls on a property does not make one a dog fighter. I've seen a few stories where they report other things found on the property: a rape stand, pry bar and treadmill. OK well that shows tremendous bias and furtherance of the Left's agenda of no dogs over 40 pounds. (Yeah, look at breed specific legislation and almost without exception the politicians pushing it are liberal democrats. Yet another example of "if it feels good do it....unless we think you shouldn't." The Liberal mission statement.)
A rape stand??? Sex between dogs is NOT rape. I suppose if you follow the spirit of the definition it is but then we'd have to grant dogs rights they don't currently have. And if we did, then they couldn't be banned. But a breeding bench is an invaluable tool for dog breeding because some bitches won't stand for a dog. You have to keep her still some how. And a quick look around the farm will show you the same types of things for breeding cows and horses but no one gets upset about those. The "pry bar" is more correctly called a "breaking stick" and ever home with a dog should have one. If you ever have to get something out of your dog's throat a breaking stick, which is a wooden shim type thing, will keep the dog from slamming his mouth closed on your hand. It is NOT a tool for dog fighting. Neither is a treadmill.
The only damning piece of evidence found in the home was a blood soaked piece of carpet. That certainly isn't a good sign. But again, doesn't mean Vick absolutely knew about the fighting if there was any. Now, I'm no Vick fan, and I am tired of celebrities getting away with felonies, but simply owning pit bulls isn't a crime. I know someone is ticked off that the feds are involved in the case, and that it might be racially motivated. I don't know about that, but I do know that I am glad that someone who probably isn't an Atlanta Falcons fan is involved in investigating this. I am worried about Branch and the Falcons "circling the wagons" around Vick because he's a star and without him, they have no quarterback.
Anything that Pacman Jones and Tank Johnson had to deal with, Vick should too. I just hope the fallout doesn't make things harder on the rest of us that love bull breeds.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment